- Surgery is a “walk in- walk out” procedure.
- Surgery is mostly done under topical anaesthesia.
Anaesthetic drops numb the surface of the eye and the surgery can be comfortably and painlessly performed. The eye remains open after surgery.
- Some patients may require an anaesthetic injection before the surgery.
- A routine surgery lasts approximately 10 minutes with the preparation time being of similar duration.
- Pre-operatively dilating drops are applied which take between 1 – 1.5 hours to act.
- One could expect to spend half a day at the hospital on the day of surgery.
Was this answer helpful ? Yes / No